Shelly's Autumn Gourds
Shelly of Bungalow Bling used autumn gourds to decorate her "sittin" porch for fall. Her porch looks so inviting and we are glad she let us share her decorating
talents with you.
On A Sittin' Porch
Using a variety of unique items she's collected over time and combining those with colorful gourds and pumpkins, Shelly has created a
special autumn nook.
"I found some fun apple baskets junking this summer. Great to throw
some potted flowers in!"
Shelly's little wire bistro table all decked out with autumn gourds, mini pumpkins, some
handmade sweater and fabric pumpkins.
See how combining both texture and color make for special fall decorating ideas.
Visit Our New Porch Market
The two of us hand-picked products that we think you will enjoy for your porch.
Some we created ourselves, some are seasonal and some are from favorite shopping sites.
Thank you for stopping over!
How About This Vintage Bird Cage...
Shelly found this vintage bird cage at a yard sale one summer for only $3. She perched
a crow on top and added some of the hops from her yard.
All her pumpkins, greenery, gourds, and leaves were from her local area making it extra nice in so many ways.
Be creative and use what you have on hand in different ways.
Just turning something like a flower pot upside down and using it as a stand can make a unique decorative item.
More Gourd Decorating Ideas to Try
- Arrange pumpkins, squash, and other gourds in both colors and size for a decorative appeal.
- Use a wood-burning pen (available at your local hobby store) to decorate the gourds themselves.
- Trace or draw a design with pencil, chalk, or marker on the gourd - be creative!
- Heat the pen and trace over your drawing. You can get different effects by applying more or less pressure or by using different size burning tips.
- When finished, wipe off traces of your markings. If desired, you can paint the burnished lines to add more color.
- Use your gourds to create beautiful floral displays. They can also be used as Halloween porch decorations too. Cut the heads from yellow and orange mums and hot-glue them to the outsides of your gourds. Display on table tops, railings, or even porch steps.
Enjoy some of our other autumn decorating ideas. We have bunches of porch decorating ideas for every season.
Colorful gourds and pumpkins at our local market
Thank you, Shelly
We really appreciate Shelly's generosity to share her pumpkin decorating ideas and wonderfully decorated autumn porch with us - inspiring!
Please visit Shelly's blog, Bungalow Bling
, for other great ideas.
The Amazon ads are our affiliate links. The price is the same to you. Thank you.