Southwest Porch Designs
Southwest porch designs make you think you are in Portugal, Spain, Italy, or Mexico with their stucco archways and tiled floors.
Combine the Best of Several Cultures
While we are partial to country porches, the vibrant colors and designs of Southwest flavor are truly appealing. Gorgeous in fact.
Delicious Southwest Porch Designs
The vibrant blue front door creates authentic charm
What do you call this style?
Try Spanish Colonial Revival, Hispanic, Mediterranean, or Spanish Eclectic.
And notice the tiled roof
Photo courtesy of sellinstix
We love the eclectic look of this porch
What is Southwest Style?
When you think of Southwest Decor...
- Think of textures - like terra cotta, woven fabrics in beautiful bright colors and those roofs of clay tiles
- Gorgeous painted pottery
- Characteristic colors: greens like cactus, warm yet colorful earth tones, adobe reds, brilliant turquoise, big bursts of yellow and muted oranges
- Furniture: you'll often see leather upholstery. Distressed furniture accented by metals is common.
- Low-pitched or flat roofs and parapets (sometimes hipped)
- Red roof tiles
- Little or no overhanging eaves
- Carved doors and stucco siding
- Arches, especially above doors, porch entries and main windows
- Asymmetrical shape with cross-gables and side wings
- Spiral columns, pilasters, carved stone, and ornaments
- Tile floors
Pictures of Southwestern or Spanish Porches
Learn from Marty's quick decorating ideas.
Photo courtesy of Rayspotter
The stained glass is truly eye-catching on this porch; the porch furniture is Spanish style.
Photo courtesy of Kendyl Young
Note the tiled flooring and wrought iron railing. Beautiful pots, too.
Photo courtesy of Shipoopi
Southwest Porch Plans and Home Plans
Here are some home and porch plans that you can acquire from:
Family Home Plans to build your home
or to use for adding a great porch,
Over 5000 Square Feet of Southwestern Comfort
Beautiful Southwestern home design with a 1020 square foot front porch - plan 43205
Amazing back porch too - Plan 43205
Traditional Arch Entryway on a Southwestern Home Design
Traditional Southwest home design- plan 64693
Note the red tiled roof and stucco siding - typical of southwestern home designs.
Combination Stone and Stucco Create An Amazing Home Design
Nicely designed stone and stucco Southwestern home design - plan 64704
Wrap Around Southwestern Porch
Nice Southwestern wrap around porch offers plenty of space - plan 90269
More Southwestern Porch Design Ideas
Porches, stucco, tile - classic southwest design
Arched portico and windows
Columns frame the classic porch
Long lean lines with small portico
Note the porch on 2nd floor
Ranch style portico
Ranch style with arch and columns
For these and other great home and porch plans visit Family Home Plans.
They have an amazing library of plans from which to choose.
Be sure to see our entire section of house plans online and learn what you need to know to find your dream home.
The Amazon ads are our affiliate links. Thank you.