Autumn Decorating Tips
With Jennifer Davenport
Mary and I interviewed Interior Decorator Jennifer Davenport who shared some fabulous autumn decorating tips with us.
Jennifer is an Interior Decorator and Blogger at JD's All About Home.
She has so many easy yet wonderful fun tips.
We know you will enjoy our conversation with her.
In addition to being a sought-after Interior Decorator and store-owner at JD's All About Home in Murfreesboro TN, Jennifer is a wife, empty nester (mom to three!) and lover of all things Halloween.
She hails from nearby Murfreesboro, TN, and we are totally blessed to have met her and her husband recently.
Jennifer writes a weekly decorating column in the Sunday edition of the Murfreesboro Daily News Journal and has a large Facebook following.
We welcome Jennifer to our porch to talk all about autumn porch decorating ideas.
Listen to Our Audio Program: 00:22:00
Program Notes: Autumn Decorating Tips
To hear the full program, please listen here:
- How to make bows for your wreaths that are not lop-sided (and also for little girls' dresses, too!)
- Ways to use lanterns on your porch for seasonal decorating that will make you want to grab a few for your porch
- How to make faux pumpkins look more realistic with a bit of paint and paper towel
- If you bring pinecones into the house for autumn decorating, Jennifer explains how to get rid of the little critters that come in with them
- Wire or no wire in your burlap bows? Jennifer knows which of these holds up better to time and weather.
- Quick formula for making a wreath that is super easy and only involves three items
- How Jennifer stores her wreaths to stay nice for the next year
- Add twinkly lights to your porch for year round enjoyment and dress them up seasonally
- The number one thing that Jennifer must have if she ever moves to a different home - or else she won't get onto the moving truck
- Read Jennifer's featured column in the Murfreesboro, Tennessee Daily News Journal - see the Home and Living section
Jennifer makes beautiful wreaths and this is one of our favorites.
Jennifer gathers inspiration on her front porch!
To hear Jennifer's conversation with the two of us, listen to our Audio Program: 00:22:00
We hope you will listen as that will allow us to keep bringing you more programs from experts in the porch industry. Thank you!
Jennifer adds subtle lighting to her porch year around with twinkly lights woven into her grapevine garland around her porch ceiling.
She even has a clicker inside her home that enables her to turn the porch lights on from the inside.
She tells us how she updates the grapevine for the various seasons and how she switches out the pillows.
She and her husband built this porch onto the back of her home and it's one of their most favorite places to be.
Be sure to visit our Podcast Directory to hear more of our audio programs with leading experts.
Find top-rated service pros
Vintage Woodworks for Your Porch Parts
PCA Products Complement any Home
Porch Store - Custom Porch Products
Get Our Newsletter,
Front Porch Appeal
and a bonus!
Subscribe and also receive our eBook
We will use your email address only to send our newsletter and this helpful ebook on curb appeal!
Enjoy our back issues
See Our Latest Updates
Get Our Porch Ideas Generator eBook
See Our Porch Illustrator eBook
Porch Ideas Network
Have a wonderful day!