If you purchase an item through affiliate links within our content, we will earn a commission at no cost to you.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
See our disclosure policy.
Podcast 39: Mobile Home
With Tim Peele, President, Mobile Home Parts Store
To share mobile home improvement ideas with you, we had the honor to interview Tim Peele, President of The Mobile Home Parts Store.
He updates us with us the trending ways in which mobile homeowners are adding curb appeal and increasing pride of their homes.
From skirting to shutters to awnings and porch additions, you can transform the curb appeal and functionality of your mobile home.
Tim shares some of the more popular ways that homeowners are improving their mobile homes.
Listen to Our Audio Program: 00:23:38
Mobile home outfitted with exterior improvements
Podcast Notes: Mobile Home Improvements
These vinyl panels let you to enjoy your screened porch more months of the year
Highlights from Our Discussion with Tim Peele
- How porch skirting not only keeps out critters but also boosts the curb appeal of your mobile home
- How patio covers can be used to create a porch for your mobile or manufactured home
- Roofing options for your porch and what you need to know before you make your order - especially if you want a ceiling fan
- Increasing your mobile or manufactured home's living space with a three-season porch or a year-around sunroom
- The nice story of a 70-year-old couple replacing their own patio roof
- The different types of shutters available to enhance the exterior of your mobile home - so many colors, styles and configurations for instant curb appeal
- The biggest sellers Tim sees that mobile homeowners are getting to upgrade their bathrooms
- The #1 upgrade mobile homeowners desire for their kitchen
- The difference in sizes of sinks and tubs from a conventional home to a mobile home
- Tips on where to find parts for mobile homes - and some may be as close as your home improvement store
Program Excerpts: Mobile Home Improvements with Tim Peele
Porch Roof Options
"The Duralok is an insulated panel that comes in either a 3" or 4" thick, the 3" being the most popular as it is less expensive and may not need the added insulation,
the panels themselves come in 4x8' sheets and then they just have to be interlocked together to make one seamless roof."
Screen Room Options
"If someone just wanted to go with a screen room, we have a permanent screen room option where you buy the kit and roof and the wall panels come with the screen
already attached making it a pretty quick setup.
We also have a portable screen option for those with RVs or those who need to remove it for winter."
"We have a pretty big selection of shutters and are customized.
We have board and batten, a shaker style, louvered and raised panel, some of which you can mix and match."
Interior Improvement Ideas
"The bath products like showers and tubs are if not one but perhaps the biggest sellers we have.
You can't just go down to Lowes or Home Depot and just buy a tub for a mobile home.
Most mobile home tubs are 54 inches which are a little smaller than traditional residential homes."
New vinyl siding and spacious screen porch addition
Attractive and energy saving awnings
Listen to Our Podcast with Tim Peele: 00:23:38
Contact the Mobile Home Parts Store
We appreciate Tim sharing his knowledge and enthusiasm with us!
We encourage you to contact the good folks at The Mobile Home Parts Store.
You will be pleasantly surprised at all of the exterior and interior products available to enhance the beauty and comfort of your mobile home or RV.
Visit the Mobile Home Parts Store (our affiliate link)
or call them at (toll free) 888-277-7220.
We are proud to be an affiliate of The Mobile Home Parts Store. Please see our affiliate disclosure.
Thank you for taking your time to stop by. See what's popular and new here.